Mending The Armor for youth is a program that has been uniquely designed for LDS teens combating pornography addiction and other compulsive sexual behaviors. The program has been effective in assisting many LDS youth to successfully overcome pornography addiction. This program incorporates the latest clinical methods for treating teens, with a firm belief that spirituality and adherence to gospel principles is an essential part of the recovery process. Youth are guided to an understanding of the importance of working with their bishop. Youth are introduced to LDS 12 step principles.
"Put on the whole armour of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."
ABSTINENCE VS. RECOVERY
Mending The Armor is a resource for parents and church leaders who are seeking help for their youth impacted by pornography. Overcoming pornography addiction can be difficult and can require professional counseling services. Too many youth rely soley on will power alone and don't obtain the knowledge and skills to overcome the addiction. Unfortunately, relying only on willpower frequently results in relapse and return to the addiction.
Mending The Armor has successfully assisted many LDS teens break free from pornography addiction by providing the knowledge, skills and insight to achieve a sustained recovery. The program has been particularly successful with young men desiring to serve missions, but previously unable to break free from pornography addiction.
- Assist youth in eliminating the use of pornography, masturbation and other unwanted sexual behaviors.
- Provide youth with information and insights into the devastating consequences of addiction to sexual behaviors.
- Assist youth in identifying the issues in their life that have led to participating in sexually compulsive behaviors.
- Assist youth in learning to manage their shame and begin the process of recovery.
- Provide youth with the opportunity to engage in a healthy dialogue about sexual issues with responsible adults in their life such as parents, church leaders and therapists.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
LDS Youth ages 12-18 who are habitually struggling with morality issues including any of the following behaviors:
- Viewing of pornography
- Sexual Experimentation
- Inappropriate internet sexual behaviors
- Sexual boundary issues within the family or with other youth